“You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give”…Winston Churchill
Thank you for your interest in the Volunteer Program. We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2019. If you are interested in volunteering for Winter 2020, submit your application to the Volunteer Office.
Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life? Be a volunteer.
For more than 60 years, volunteers have played an integral role in providing compassionate care at Beverly Hospital. By donating their time, talent, and dedication, our unique and caring group of volunteers assist patients, families, visitors, and staff.
Whether you would like to contribute to your community or learn more about the healthcare industry to start a career, our volunteer program at Beverly Hospital will offer you the rewarding experience you are looking for such as:
- Welcome and assist patients and visitors at Information Desk
- Assist at nursing stations
- Staff the gift shop
- Escort and transport patients to different areas of the hospital
- Deliver mail, newspapers, and flowers to patient rooms
- Provide clerical assistance in administration offices
- Assist at community events
Enjoy the benefits of becoming a volunteer at Beverly Hospital. In addition to experiencing the satisfaction of giving back to your community and making a difference in other people’s lives, you will also benefit by:
- Participating at community health classes and events
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Attending the Annual Volunteers Recognition Luncheon and Award Ceremony
- Gaining experience in a healthcare setting
- Becoming part of the volunteers family
We have reached the maximum number for our October Orientation. We are now accepting applications for our January 2020 General Information Meeting. Please stop by Volunteer Services and fill-out an application.
Beverly Hospital has volunteer opportunities available seven days a week from 8 am to 8 pm in both patient and non-patient care areas throughout the hospital. There are several ways you could serve as a volunteer:
You will find the smiling faces of the Beverly Hospital Guild members throughout the hospital. The Guild plays an active role at Beverly Hospital from volunteers in patient and non-patient areas to serving on various committees within the Guild Organization. They also work on various fundraising events and offer social and outreach activities.
Adult volunteers come from different backgrounds. Some are homemakers, some are graduate students, and some have full-time jobs. But all have one thing in common: giving back to their community. Adult volunteers at Beverly Hospital are encouraged to participate in areas where their interests can be expanded. This is a great opportunity to play an active role in the community and reach out to others in need.
The College Volunteer program at Beverly Hospital is for students at least 18 years of age and older who are currently enrolled in college with a focus in healthcare. This program is not meant for the purpose of job/career training but to give students and opportunity to gain first-hand experience in a hospital setting.
If you are between 16 to 18 years of age and in high school or upon graduation and you are interested in making a difference in your community, this is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in the healthcare field while receiving community service credit at school.
Thank you for your interest in joining the volunteer program at Beverly Hospital. All applicants must complete the following:
- A volunteer application
- Attend a mandatory General Information Meeting
- Background check for those 18 and older (provided by hospital)
- Complete a 2-step Tuberculosis test or chest x-ray if positive. Applicants may get this test through the Hospital’s Employee Health Department at orientation, or bring proof or results from their own physician or health center.
- Volunteers born after January 1, 1957 must provide a copy of immunization or vaccination documents at Volunteer Orientation.
Application & Instructions
Beverly Hospital requires all volunteers to complete a Volunteer Application. You can print the application by clicking on your status.