65 Years of Caring

For more than 65 years Beverly Hospital has been a vital healthcare partner to the Montebello community and the surrounding areas. It began as the dream of 18 local doctors who wanted to have a hospital for general physicians where they could treat their patients close to their homes. Today this 224-bed acute care facility is a leading independent, non-profit community hospital, recognized nationally for providing quality care.

The principles on which Beverly Hospital was founded in 1949 have not changed, and the spirit of dedication to the community that guided the founders is still very much alive.

Milestones

2014

Workers’ Compensation Program and Industrial Clinic started in partnership with West Ocean MD.

2013

Family Care Center opened to provide affordable and accessible primary care services to the community

2010

Beverly Hospital is a recipient of the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for consecutive years

2008

2008

GE digital mammogram system was installed in the Women’s Pavilion and Breast Center

2007

Beverly became a STEMI Receiving Center

2006

Picture archiving and communications (PAC) system allowed the diagnostic imaging department to go filmless

2005

The hospital opened a state-of-the-art Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine

2004

Women’s Care Center was established to serve low income and underserved mothers-to-be

1999

Beverly Hospital celebrated the opening of its Diabetes Treatment Center on August 26

1998

The Women’s Pavilion and Breast Center opened

1997

Beverly Hospital Medical Plaza (the “101 building”) was acquired for $3 million

1997

An 18,000-pound magnet—part of a new MRI system—is installed in Beverly’s new radiology building

1995

Beverly Hospital began an affiliation with a hospital association, which ended three years later.

1995

NICU opened

1988

Hensel Maternity Center opened

1984

First computer system was installed

1982

1982

The hospital purchased a state-of-the-art CT scanner

1980

Outpatient/Admissions Service program completed

1980

New gastrointestinal laboratory enabled physicians to conduct endoscopic exams

1977

First open heart surgery took place at Beverly

1975

Cardiac rehabilitation program started

1974

Beverly Hospital Foundation was founded to raise funds for the hospital

1973

Tower Building opened

1967

Emerson Wing opened

1962

Beverly Hospital hired its first professional administrator

1960

First board-certified specialist joined the medical staff

1957

1957

Center, East, and West Wings of the hospital were cut in half and moved to the back of the hospital and new wings were built

1954

Medical staff pledged funds for the first major addition to the hospital

1952

1952

Beverly Hospital Guild held its first meeting

1949

The not-for-profit Beverly Community Hospital Association, Inc. was formed on May 20

1942

1942

East Los Angeles Hospital Association converted a local rest home into a private hospital for general practitioners

1939

Local physicians formed the East Los Angeles Hospital Association